Headteacher’s Values award winner
The Headteacher’s Values Award was presented to Cassius Lockwood, in Year 11.
Cassius was nominated by Dr Scott, who said: “I would like to nominate Cassius Lockwood for the Headteacher’s Values Award following a fascinating conversation I had with him which left me both impressed and excited about this young man’s future plans. Cassius used to attend RAF Cadets and developed confidence from his Radio skills on Parade evenings. When I asked him what he had been up to recently, I was not expecting the breadth of activities he was engaged in and stood, speechless, as he told me that he had recently achieved:
- The John Muir Discovery Award and is working towards the John Muir Explorer Award;
- QNUK Level 2 in Basic Life Support (Adults and Children);
- Level 1 in Food Hygiene and Safety;
- The ownership of a game with over 16,000 plays with North Yorkshire UK
- And is now a Young Ranger and working on setting up a Youth Club in Richmond.
This young man has shown resilience and effort in achieving so much through sheer hard work and a ‘can do’ attitude. Furthermore, his achievements lie in helping and supporting others and are commendable and testimony to his caring nature. What an asset Cassius is to the School and to the wider community, I am sure he will go far and an exciting future awaits!’