Face mask reminder
From 5th November, all students and staff must wear a face covering when they are in the indoor, communal areas of the school. This encompasses the corridors when moving between lessons and whilst waiting in the Restaurant/ Bistro at break and lunchtimes. Please could students familiarise themselves with the guidance below:
• Students should sanitise their hands before they put their face covering on at the end of a lesson and after they have removed it at the beginning of a lesson.
• When not being worn, face coverings should always be stored in a small, resealable, plastic bag either inside the student’s bag or in a coat pocket.
• Students should not touch the front of their face covering during use or when removing it
• All students should provide their own face covering each day- this is now to be added to our school equipment list for all students, not just those travelling to school by bus.
• It is therefore absolutely vital that all students have easy access to their own small bottle of hand sanitiser at all times during the day. This cannot be ‘shared’.
• Face coverings should continue to be worn at all times by students travelling on a bus,
• Based on current evidence and the measures that we have already put in place, such as the school-wide system of controls and consistent bubbles, face coverings should not be worn in lessons. Face coverings could have a negative impact on teaching and learning and their use in the classroom should be avoided. Students and staff may choose to start this practice before
• We have also stressed to students the importance of not having physical contact with each other/touching each other in any way during their movement around school and at break and lunch times.
We continue to be very grateful to you for your support for the school- particularly during what are very trying times indeed. Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have any queries or feedback for us.