Become a young curator at The Bowes Museum
The Museum’s Young Curators programme offers the opportunity for young people to learn about the Collections at the Museum, to work with different members of staff on projects as well as plan and deliver events for engaging young people with the wider Collections at the Museum. Currently they are looking for 10 young people to become their next Young Curators from July – December 2021. There’s a great video HERE that tells you more about this exciting project. If you are interested in this opportunity then please download the Young Curators application form at YOUNG PEOPLE OPPORTUNITIES
To apply for this opportunity you must be:
• Aged 15 – 25 years old.
• Be living in the North East of England.
• Be able to get to and from The Bowes Museum.
• Deadline for applications: Monday 28th June at 10am.
Benefits as a Young Curator:
– You will have free individual access to visit The Bowes Museum for the duration of the project (July – December 2021).
– You will gain transferrable skills for your CV such as object research, planning and delivering events.
– You will meet new people including Curators, the Museum Exhibitions team and Marketing team as well as have the opportunity to work with Artists.