Be part of The Station’s exciting new art workshop – featuring an impressive line-up of guest artists
The Station in Richmond still has space available in their FREE Young Adult Art Workshops for persons aged 16-25. The line-up of guest artists has now been announced, offering a great variety of artistic mediums. Every Thursday evening from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., local artists will demonstrate a variety of techniques. Participants will be given the space, time, and materials to explore their creativity in the following:
- 6th February – Rachel Morrell – Acrylic
- 13th February – Keith Rodway & Ed Hullah – Charcoal/pastels
- 20th February – Kate Dickinson – Abstract – @ katedfineart
- 27th February – Holly Scott – Linocut printmaking – @thingsofwonder
- 5th March – Des Scott from the Darlington Society of Arts
- 12th March – Allison Webster – Pastels and Watercolour
- 19th March – Nora Yates – watercolour & Suzanne Wright pottery (figure sculpting)
- 26th March – Finish Artwork for Showcase, Arrange your SPASE display!
- 2nd April – Rob Shaw – oil painting at our FINAL Art Workshop.
The talented artists are ready to share with you their trade secrets, including Rob Shaw (oil), Kate Dickinson (mixed media), Suzanne Wright (pottery), and Holly Scott (Printmaking). The first guest artist, Fred Banks, spoke to participants about his life experiences and methods for portrait drawing. Our second guest artist, Rachel Morrow, will demonstrate her techniques in acrylic. Plus, with many fantastic artists yet to come, The Station would like to have as many young adults take advantage of this free programme.
Interested participants are invited to pre-register by calling 07496 473951. SPASE: Stress and Practising the Art of Self-Expression will conclude the workshops with an Artist Showcase. Participants’ artwork will be on display in the Artisan Gallery at The Station April 10-22nd. Participation is voluntary. For more information about the SPASE project, please contact Janna Hudson or visit https://www.jannahudson.