Areté Learning Trust modern foreign languages Christmas traditions challenge for Year 7 to 10 students.
The Areté Learning Trust are running a festive modern foreign languages competition for students in Year 7 to 10. Simply do some research about the country of the language you are learning and create a presentation about its Christmas traditions. You are encouraged to be creative so consider including song clips, videos, or pictures. You may wish to present your submission on google slides, however this is not compulsory. It is expected you present in English but some of our older students may choose to present partially (or fully!) in the target language.
The challenge is open to students at all three of our Areté Schools, Northallerton, Richmond & Stokesley! The entries will be judged taking into account your year group.
The closing date is Friday 18th December and entries should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org The winners will be announced on Monday 11th January.
Here are the questions for your presentation – you decide what goes in it!
Christmas traditions in France and Germany share similarities with celebrations here in the UK but what are the differences?
- Which traditions do you find most interesting and why?
- Where do these traditions come from?
- Are there any specific regions that do things differently?
- Are there any famous Christmas markets or events?
- What would your perfect Christmas look like combining the best of our traditions and those of your chosen country?