Richmond School Trust
The Richmond School Trust was established in 1972. The Trust supports students and ex-students up to the age of 25 years with some additional funding. These grants are awarded specifically for students who require extra financial support.
The Trust is an independent charity and is not managed by the school. However, the Trust does work closely with the school to ensure the support is given to the students most in need of financial help.
A document detailing the history of the Trust can be viewed HERE.
Applying For Funding
Every year, the Trust has income from its investments which is used to support current students. It is aimed at those who require Financial Assistance with their educational or extra-curricular activities. Examples of successful funding bids have included study visits, educational trips, high achievements at national/international level in sports and the arts.
In addition, the Trust also provides a fund for the Headteacher to assist current students in financial difficulty with their immediate day to day needs. Some school departments have also bid for extra resources that cannot come out of school funds.
The Trust also awards the Brackenbury Award, for those up to 25 years in financial need, who are going to or who already attend university, or further education or who take up an apprenticeship. The award is a one-off payment of up to £1,000 for those students who are under 25 years and who are either an existing student at Richmond School or who have been a student at the school. Normally students would have attended the school for at least one year or would have attended Richmond School & Sixth Form College.
The Trust meets three times a year to consider these applications. Applications can be considered outside of these dates, but only in exceptional circumstances.
If you would like to apply, please can you follow the process outlined below:
Financial Assistance Application:
- Complete the application form for Financial Assistance – if you have any questions, please contact the School Finance Office
- Return the completed form to the School Finance Office firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing dates for applications are 31st October, 28th February and 31st May to fit in with Trustee meetings.
The Brackenbury Award Application
- Complete the Brackenbury Award Application – if you have any queries, please contact the Sixth Form Administrator
- Return the completed form to the Sixth Form Administrator email@example.com
- The closing dates for applications are 31st October, 28th February and 31st May to fit in with Trustee meetings