safeguarding & prevent
Contest: the UK's counter terrorism strategy.
The school is committed to protecting our young people from extremist behaviour and, as such, we are vigilant to students who are vulnerable and support the prevent branch of CONTEST (Counter Terrorism Strategy).
- Prevent: to stop people becoming terrorists and supporting terrorism
- Pursue: to stop terrorist attacks
- Protect: to strengthen our protection against terrorist attack
- Prepare: to mitigate the impact of a terrorist attack
what does richmond school do?
- Has a single point of contact for Prevent (Designated child protection staff)
- Assesses risk of students being drawn into terroism
- Develops an action plan to reduce the risk
- Trains staff to recognise radicalisation and extremism
- Refers vulnerable people via the usual safeguarding procedures
- Prohibits extremist speakers and events
- Manages access to extremist material
- Teaches a broad and balanced curriculum based on the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils, including and promoting fundamental British values
- Promotes community cohesion