safeguarding & prevent
Contest: the UK's counter terrorism strategy.
The school is committed to protecting our young people from extremist behaviour and, as such, we are vigilant to students who are vulnerable and support the prevent branch of CONTEST (Counter Terrorism Strategy).
- Prevent to stop people becoming terrorists and supporting terrorism
- Pursue to stop terrorist attacks
- Protect to strengthen our protection against terrorist attack
- Prepare to mitigate the impact of a terrorist attack
what does richmond school do?
- We have established a single point of contact for Prevent (Designated child protection staff)
- Assessed risk of students being drawn into terroism
- Developed an action plan to reduce the risk
- Trained staff to recognise radicalisation and extremism
- Refer vulnerable people via the usual safeguarding procedures
- Prohibit extremist speakers and events
- Manage access to extremist material
- Teach a broad and balanced curriculum which promised the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils, including and promoting fundamental British values
- Promote community cohesion