Parent and teacher association (pta)
The Parent and Teacher Association (PTA) is a partnership between home and school. It is an excellent way of bringing staff, parents, guardians and friends together to work towards a common goal of enhancing the students’ experiences at the School.
The PTA is there to support students and the school and fundraising events include: providing refreshments at school productions, the town firework display and parents’ evenings In addition to raising money to support and enhance students’ experience at school, these events are a great opportunity to get to know other parents. Over the years the PTA has been able to provide a whole range of items for the school. On occasions it has funded a particular item or made a donation towards a specific project.
Some of the projects the PTA has funded in the past include:
- Outside seating for the Sixth Form Centre
- Sports kits
- Display cabinets for the James Tate Building
- Six benches, two boot cleaners and a notice board for the pavillion
- Entry fee for the Year 11 girls indoor hockey national finals
- iPads for the PE department
- Lego for the Lego club
- A drone for use by the Media students
- Music stand banners for the bands, orchestra and choirs
The PTA supports so much in school and college and we could not do it without the hard work of the members, who work behind the scenes as well as front of house at so many events. New members are always welcome and there are lots of ways you can support the PTA without coming to the meetings. If you would like to find out more about helping the PTA then please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org