What will your child be studying?
- Does God exist? Arguments for and against.
- Design a religion (key features of religion).
- What makes a good religious leader?
- What is the importance of the 5 Pillars to a Muslim?
- Is Hinduism monotheistic or polytheistic?
- Why are festivals important?
How will your child be assessed?
- Baseline assessment to check knowledge, understanding and skills in Religious Studies.
- End of topic assessments.
- Teacher comments using www/ebi (what went well/even better if) and AT grades (attitude to learning).
- Verbal feedback.
How can you help your child?
- Check homework is completed.
- Check your child’s work in his/her book and see if he/she has completed the tasks set (in yellow boxes).
- Help your child to revise for end of unit assessments.
- Discuss family ideas about different religious beliefs.
Supportive resources and websites
Children will be given a login and password for Fronter.