Year 7 PE Curriculum
- Rugby (Boys)
- Netball (Girls)
- Football (Boys)
- Hockey (Girls)
- Health-related exercise
What will your child be studying?
A broad range of physical activities to enable them to achieve the following National Curriculum aims:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
- Be physically active for sustained periods of time.
- Engage in competitive sports and activities.
- Lead healthy, active lives.
How will your child be assessed?
A range of assessment methods are used regularly during each 3 week block of activity, which are reported termly through Aiming High reports where your child will receive a performance level (e.g.5a) and an attitude grade (e.g. 2).
Assessment methods include:
- Regular observation of pupils’ work and performance across all activities.
- Performance and progress in physical literacy (fitness) assessments.
- Peer assessment and self-assessment tasks to improve work.
How can you help your child?
- Encourage your child to participate in one or more sports as part of Richmond School’s extensive extra-curricular sports programme.
- Encourage your child to be active outside of school by takng part in regular recreational exercise or playing sport for a local community sports club.
- Watch sport with your child (live performances or on the TV) and discuss sport and health topics with your child.
Supportive resources and websites
Change 4 Life