What will your child be studying?
- World music - a variety of styles including Brazilian
samba, African drumming, Indonesian gamelan and
- Film and program music – how composers respond
to a brief.
- The development of vocal music - exploring songs
from the blues through to modern composing
How will your child be assessed?
Ongoing assessments during topics e.g. performance
keyboard work, group drumming pieces, a song writing
and film composition task.
How can you help your child?
- Encourage lots of additional listening at home, including choosing different radio stations.
- If they play an instrument, encourage practise. If there is an “unused” instrument in the house, encourage them to have a go!
Supportive resources and websites
Anywhere that music can be found!
We ask students to do lots of listening in their own time, so Spotify, YouTube and iTunes are all valuable resources.