What will your child be studying?
Students follow the National Curriculum in Mathematics. It is expected that students will make two or three sub-levels of progress during the year. The mathematical topics studied depend on the Level your child is working at.
How will your child be assessed?
- Teacher, peer and self-assessment in class and in exercise books.
- Homework set and marked.
- Formal written tests at intervals during the year.
How can you help your child?
- By encouraging your child to talk about the Maths they have learnt.
- By checking that homework has been done.
- By discussing the mathematical problems that occur in everyday life.
Supportive resources and websites
Students will be given a login and password for the following web-site: