What will your child be studying?
KS2 to Year 7 transitional French vocabulary and sentence structures, enabling students to exchange and understand information about:
- Their school.
- Their hobbies.
- Where they live.
How will your child be assessed?
- Class discussions/group work.
- Comments in exercise books.
- Self and peer assessments.
- End of unit assessments.
How can you help your child?
- Emphasise how useful it is to speak a language.
- Encourage your child to complete homework.
- Keep a French/English dictionary in the house and encourage your child to use it for homework.
- Encourage your child to share his/her learning of French with you.
Supportive resources and websites
Vocabulary sheets/lesson notes/worksheets for each unit
(All students have access details in their exercise books)