What will your child be studying?
Students study 6 enquiry based topics
- What is History?
- When was it best to live in the British Isles?
- Was 1066 a turning point in British history?
- Was medieval life mucky and miserable?
- Could a king do what he liked?
How will your child be assessed?
- Written assessment or project at the end of each unit. This may take the form of a source based exercise or a piece of extended writing.
- Verbal assessment and in class discussion.
How can you help your child?
- Visit local landmarks such as Richmond Castle and Easby Abbey.
- Encourage them to read books such as the ‘Horrible Histories’ series.
Supportive resources and websites