- Natural hazards: 2010 Haiti Earthquake & 2004
- Europe and migration within the European Union.
- Glaciations and landscapes of Swaledale.
- World development and inequalities.
- UK weather and climate.
- Renewable energy solutions to climate change.
How will your child be assessed?
- Teacher assessment of key pieces of work.
- Teacher assessment of key skills used.
- Student self-evaluation.
- Peer assessment.
How can you help your child?
- Check that each week homework is completed and to an appropriate standard.
- Encourage your child to use atlases and maps, or to lead family walks using maps.
- Conversations with your child about their learning.
- Watch the BBC newsround program or read the ‘First News’ paper - discuss examples of Geography in the news.
Supportive resources and websites