The Parent and Teacher Association (PTA) is exactly what it states, a partnership between home and school. It is an excellent way of bringing staff, parents, guardians and friends together to work towards a common goal of enhancing the students’ experience at the school.
The PTA is there to support students and the school, primarily through fundraising, including:
- The 100 Club (details below)
- Supermarket bag packing
- Refreshments at School Productions and Parents’ Evenings
In addition to raising money, these events are a great opportunity to get to know other parents!
Over the years the PTA has spent money on a whole range of items for the school. On occasions it has funded a particular item or made a donation towards a specific project. Some of the items the PTA has funded in the past include:
- Cameras for Photography Club
- Cheerleading costumes
- Outside seating for the Sixth Form Centre
- Rugby kits
- Display cabinets for the James Tate Building
- Six benches, two boot cleaners and a notice board for the pavilion
- Entry fee for the Year 11 Girls Indoor Hockey National Finals
- iPads for the PE Department
- Donation towards the Georgian Theatre Royal
- Contribution towards redesigning the school’s website
The date of the next PTA meeting is Wednesday 2nd March at 7.00pm (immediately following the Parent Forum meeting).
The 100 Club is a convenient way of helping all students in the School.
For just £25 per year your unique number is entered into a monthly draw for 3 prizes worth £50, £25 and £10. The 100 Club runs for twelve months from September to August, with reduced rates for people joining during the year.
If you would like to join the 100 Club please contact Sharon Turnbull via email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively on 01748-826153