I am really proud that thanks to the combined hard work of staff, students, governors and parents, as well as many other stakeholders who contribute to its success, both the School and our Sixth Form College has been deemed ‘Good’ across the board after a rigorous two-day inspection by a team of experts from Ofsted comprising two HMIs and six inspectors.
We were in fact rated good in all key areas, including effectiveness of leadership and management, quality of teaching, learning and assessment, personal development, behaviour and welfare, outcomes for pupils and 16 to 19 study programmes. The overall effectiveness rating maintained standards from its previous inspection against a backdrop of greater demands from Ofsted.
Some of the key statements in the Report were that:
- The strong leadership of the headteacher and school leaders has created a culture in which everyone can succeed.
Inspectors had high praise for students. The report said:
- Through their commitment to the school and their expertise and knowledge of the school, pupils and staff alike are part of a positive and ambitious ethos.
- Leaders and governors know their school well. Through this knowledge, they have an accurate evaluation of the school’s strengths and weaknesses and they target resources, including additional funding, appropriately.
- Teachers have excellent subject knowledge. Through their passion and commitment, they enthuse their pupils and, because of this, pupils make at least good progress.
- Pupils are considerate, polite, courteous and confident. They are proud of their school and value the opportunities they are given.
- Sixth-form students are very mature and articulate. Students receive effective support and make strong progress in both academic and vocational qualifications.
- Leaders ensure that all sixth-form students have high-quality careers advice and work experience to support their future aspirations.
I was delighted with the inspectors’ findings. We have been inspected three times in the past seven years and, whilst the framework has been tougher on every occasion, we have demonstrated that this is a good school which is continuing on a journey of constant improvement.
The report, and our future plans, form the basis for even greater improvement and I am confident the school will remain one of the best in the region for years to come.”
I am delighted by the many positive comments Ofsted received from the wider school community including students, staff and parents.
We are very proud of our progress and achievements to date. We have a stronger teaching force than ever offering greater opportunities for students.
Click here to view the full Ofsted Report